Book in today for your flu vaccine. The vaccine is FREE for the following groups –
- All adults 65 years and older*
- All children from 6 months to less than 5 years of age
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over 15 years
- All individuals over 6 months with medical conditions predisposing them to severe influenza
Patients who do not qualify for a free vaccine pay only $20 to cover the cost of the vaccine.
*All patients aged 65 years of age and over are eligible for a FREE flu vaccine, Fluad. This vaccine has been specifically designed to provide increased protection for those aged 65 years and older, as it creates a greater immune response than a QIV (Quadrivalent influenza vaccines). Under recommendation from the Dept of Health this should be the only vaccine administered to patients who are 65 years of age and older.